Trumpet players come in all shapes and sizes, but one thing that remains pretty constant is that they love to collect as much trumpet-related gear as they can get their hands on!
From practical items like mouthpieces and music stands to online courses and like Brasstaches, there’s something for every budget and taste.
Whether you’re shopping for a beginner or a seasoned pro, these presents are sure to be a hit. So if you’re looking for the best gifts for a trumpet player, this is the list for you.
1. Pocket Trumpet
- ♫Amazing Timbre--ETR-330 is a very outstanding Bb pocket trumpet,its sound is excellent and bright, penetrating, abundant and powerful, excellent...
- ♫Beautiful Appearance--Beautiful and uniform golden lacquer, dazzling and shiny, clean and transparent color with superb reflection.
- ♫Design and Crafts--11.6mm/0.457inch bore and 101mm/3.98 inch bell ,Button : comfortable white faux mother of pearl inlaid buttons. Air tightness:...
if you’re looking for the perfect gift for a trumpet player, then consider getting them a pocket trumpet.
Pocket trumpets are ideal for musicians looking to practice while away from home, as the name suggests, pocket trumpets are designed to be super-portable while still playing just like a normal trumpet, with the same sound, feel, and range of notes.
This Easter model in gold lacquer also comes with a mouthpiece and some cleaning goodies too.
2. Silent Brass
- Internal Microphone: Electric condenser microphone, Pickup Output Jack: Mini phone jack
- Nominal Level: -25dB to -35dB, Brass Resonance Modeling: Yes
- Power Supply: AA alkaline or nickel-metal hydride batteries x 2 (3V DC) sold separately
‘Silent brass’ is a phrase that sounds like wishful thinking to anyone who shares a home with (or next to) a trumpet player!
Nevertheless, the dream can become a reality with this brilliant piece of kit.
Unlike other practice mutes, the Silent Brass system completely blocks off the sound of the trumpet and instead picks up the tiny vibrations with a microphone that connects to headphones.
This is about as close as you can get to the experience of playing uninhibited while everyone else around hears only a whisper.
3. An Online Trumpet Course
Are you tired of hearing your trumpet player practicing the same dull scales and arpeggios all the time? Want to help them improve and start to make some progress on their horn? Give them the gift of structured learning with one of the best online trumpet lessons!
Not only will they be able to improve their skills and technique with the guidance of a professional instructor, but they’ll also have the added convenience of being able to practice at their own pace and schedule.
Trust us, your trumpet player (and your neighbors) will thank you. We recommend Online Classical Trumpet with David Bilger on ArtistWorks, which has so many lessons for beginners and more advanced players that they’ll be busy for a long, long time.
4. Zoom Recorder
- Streamlined body with matte finish and newly designed protective mic enclosure
- Built-in stereo condenser microphones in 90-Degree x/Y format
- One-touch button controls. Battery life (alkaline batteries): Approximately 10 hours (continuous recording time using built-in mic, 44. 1 kHz/16-bit)
The Zoom portable recorders produce high-quality professional recordings without the need for lots of expensive gear and are easy and flexible to use.
This is a great gift for a trumpeter, and they can use it to record practice sessions to listen and improve their playing, or to record concerts and performances to share everywhere.
5. Harmon Mute
- Jo-Ral mutes are designed and tested to perform evenly in all registers.
Of all the different mutes for the trumpet, this one gives perhaps the greatest variety of different sounds and fun effects to explore.
The extendable tube can be used to create ‘wah-wah’ effects, and also taken out to create the sizzling, close sound that was trademarked by Miles Davis.
A great gift for the advancing player, this Jo Ral copper bubble mute model has a distinctive and gorgeous tone.
6. Mouthpiece Booster
- A WELL-FOCUSED AND CONCENTRATED TONE. KGUBrass custom trumpet booster opens the way for more personal sound of your trumpet. You have a chance to...
- BEAUTIFUL DESIGN. It will stress every advantage of your musical instrument. Due to the delicate, gorgeous design combining a smooth shape and shiny...
- EASY IN USE. Easy on/off design helps to attach the accessory without any trouble. Make you playing more versatile and powerful, depending on the...
For the trumpet player who wants to try switching up their tone, this is a great gift!
The mouthpiece booster is designed to fit onto the trumpet mouthpiece, giving it more weight.
Particularly used by jazz and commercial players, this gift is a fun addition to try out a different feel and sound.
7. Shhhmute Practice Mute
- Allows a player to practice almost anywhere
- Small amount of back pressure compared to other practice (silent) mutes
- Remains in tune and faithfully accurate throughout the entire range
It’s not breaking news that the trumpet is one of the loudest instruments, and that can cause problems when you’re trying to find time and space to practice!
The Shhhmute practice mute reduces the trumpet sound to a whisper, and unlike some other practice mute it does so without radically changing how the instrument feels to play.
This is a great gift not only for the trumpet player but for their neighbors too!
8. Music Stand
- Longest lasting, most durable music stand made.
- Easy, automatic no-knob friction-tilt neck delivers constant tension at any tilt position.
- Solid-brass bearings, greaseless heavy-duty chrome inner shaft, and the original "Magic Finger Clutch" provides one-hand friction grip.
Every practice room needs a music stand, and Manhasset makes some of the best.
Sturdy enough to cope with any number of heavy trumpet method books, this gift will provide ideal inspiration to dust off those books and get practicing!
9. Hercules Trumpet Multi-Stand
- Specially formulated foam (SFF)-coated Trumpet/Cornet/Flugelhorn peg are adjustable and detachable
- Swivel Legs with Locking Pin fit around other equipment
- Featuring a Height Adjustment Lever to easily adjust the height of the pegs to fit different sized instruments
Over time, most trumpet players have a habit of building up a collection of instruments – one is never enough!
This Hercules multi-stand can fit three instruments at once, including a stand for flugelhorn.
An ideal gift for players who want to keep multiple horns handy for practice, or for using in pieces or bands that require swapping instruments.
10. Cup Mute
- ENHANCED MUSIC: Great sound is made easy by using an adjustable trumpet mute. Ideal for beginners or experts. The cup itself is adjustable, which lets...
- THE NOTES YOU WANT: Your trumpet’s timbre is enhanced with a trumpet mute, offering a rich, warm sound for brass instruments. Whether you’re...
- LONG-LASTING: Each trumpet mute is handmade, finished with all natural cork from Portugal that will not deteriorate over time. With proper care, the...
One of the first mutes that trumpet players will get is the Cup Mute.
It’s exactly how it sounds – a cup-shaped mute that deflects the sound back towards the trumpet, creating a more muffled, softer tone.
It’s a great gift for a player just starting out who wants to explore different sounds and repertoire for trumpet.
This Denis Wick model features an adjustable cup that can be moved closer to or further away from the bell, giving even more variety and control over the sound.
11. Embouchure Trainer
✔️Lip Muscles Builder for Brass and Woodwind instrument player Trumpet Trombone French Horn Tuba Flute Clarinet Oboe Basson
✔️2.6 x 0.6 x 0.4 inch Portable size
✔️Target the exact Muscles Self training
This handy device helps to develop and train the muscles in the face and lips that are most involved in playing the trumpet.
It’s a great way for trumpet players to practice and improve their embouchure when they’re on the move or away from their trumpet.
12. Plunger Mute
- Extra large cup for a more dramatic effect
- Flock sprayed interior for a warmer sound
- Hand-spun aluminum for even response
This is one of the most fun-sounding and looking mutes out there! Plunger mutes are held over the end of the trumpet and can be used to create all sorts of wah-wah, growl, and jazz effects.
The Dennis Wick is a very popular one, that gets great reviews and is durable
13. Trumpet Gig Bag
- 【Portable】Fashionable and Simple Appearance, Compact Shape, Weighs only 1.1 lb，Much Easier to Carry Around than a Hard Case. Perfect for Kids...
- 【Spacious Side Pocket】Provide Enough Room to Storage Sheet Music, Mouthpiece, Valve oil, Cellphone, Pencil and other Trumpet Accessories
- 【Thick Padded 】10mm Padding Soft Case Protect Your Trumpet from Impacts During Transport, Keep Your Beloved Trumpet Away from Daily Scratches,...
Most trumpets come with a pretty hefty case, and while that’s good for protection, it can take a bit of lugging around.
So a great gift for a trumpet player is a gig bag that they can pop the trumpet in and sling it over the shoulder when they need to take it around.
This Duenew padded gig bag features thick padding with a shoulder strap and side pocket for storing mouthpieces, valve oil, and other small items.
14. Ear Plugs
- GREAT MUSIC EXPERIENCE | Alpine MusicSafe musician earplugs do not compromise quality for safety. Unique AlpineAcousticFilters are specially designed...
- PREVENT HEARING DAMAGE | The safe limit of sound is 80 dB and prolonged exposure to higher volumes can result in damage. As a musician you are likely...
- THREE FILTER SETS | The Alpine MusicSafe earplugs come with 2 types of filters and a storage box that fits on your keychain. Choose between 19 and 22...
It’s no secret that the trumpet is a rather loud instrument and that practicing for long periods of time in a small room carries a very real risk of damaging your hearing.
These earplugs are designed especially for musicians, reducing the volume level without changing the sound, and coming with three levels of sound reduction.
This is a must-have for every trumpet player and a gift that will ensure they keep their ears safe too.
15. BERP Buzzing Aid
- Allows a player to practice in silence
- Builds embouchure
- Increases greater intonation and range
“I’ve got you a BERP!” might not be the best way to describe your gift, but this is a very useful present all the same!
The BERP Buzzing Aid is designed to help with the buzzing exercises that trumpet players do to warm up their lips.
It attaches to the trumpet so that the mouthpiece can be in the same position as for normal playing while doing warm-ups on the mouthpiece.
Sounds technical, but it’s a really handy device that’s onto all instruments.
- Your New Look - These clip-on mustaches are totally unnecessary but loads of fun! Snaps on and off the mouthpiece easily so you can be as silly or...
- Brass Player Gift - Surprise your students, band director, classmates with a new look. Gift-friendly product packaging makes it easy to give to the...
- Reinforced Design Update - Thank you for your feedback - we hear you! Summer 2022 introduces an improved design to help prevent the Brasstache from...
For the trumpet player who has all the gear, here is the one gift to complete their set: ladies and gentlemen, the Brasstache clip-on mustache!
This attaches to the trumpet mouthpiece so that it hovers just in front of the upper lip while you’re playing, giving you the appearance of some very fine and stylish whiskers.
Has to be seen to be believed!
17. Trumpet Snake and Brush Kit
- Fit For -- The trumpet cleaning kit fits for trumpet, cornet, pocket trumpet or other instrument cleaning, make cleaning and maintenance work much...
- Trumpet Cleaning Brush -- Flexible trumpet snake brush are very good for cleaning around tight bends, slides and tubing. Mouthpiece brush valve brush...
- Mouthpiece Brush -- approx.12.5 cm/ 4.9'', Valve brush: approx.12.7 cm/ 5'', Snack brush: approx.92 cm/ 36.2'', Cleaning rod:approx.34.5cm/13.6''
A set of cleaning brushes is another important tool for keeping the trumpet clean and healthy.
The snake brush is a bendy wire that can reach into all the loops and tubes of the trumpet, while the other brushes are designed to clean the other parts and mouthpiece of the trumpet.
Another great gift for all trumpet players who know that cleanliness is next to godliness!
18. Valve Finger Buttons
- Hand polished and made of zinc ally, with natural stone material
- Trumpet finger key button cover size: approx. 1.5x1.5cm/ 0.59x0.59inch
- For replacing old, broken and missing buttons
Available in a variety of different colors and patterns, these valve finger buttons are a great way to switch up the look of a trumpet and stand out from the crowd!
A great gift for a trumpet player looking to customize the look of their instrument.
19. Valve Guard
- Fits most Bb and C horns
- Fine leather exterior provides a secure comfortable grip
- Embedded nonporous lining protects the finish from moisture, oils, and acids
A valve guard is a great way to keep the trumpet’s valves clean and free of dirt and tarnish, as well as protecting them from scuffs and scratches.
It’s also comfortable on the hands and looks great too.
- Package Dimensions: 4.318 cms (L) x 4.826 cms (W) x 4.318 cms (H)
- Product Type: Jar
- Package Quantity: 1
Keeping the inside of the trumpet clean is vital to maintaining the instrument and making sure it plays just right.
Spitballs are small sponge pads soaked in cleaning solution, designed to be blown through the length of the trumpet, cleaning it as they go.
It’s a simple and quick way to clean the tubing in one blast of air – not to mention that it’s quite fun to have an excuse to fire projectiles through your instrument!
Summing up our Favorite Gifts for Trumpeters
As you can see from our list of trumpet player gift ideas above, there are so many different items for every budget that make great presents for Christmas, birthdays, or just because.